Shell Me About It!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Hey all, happy Monday! Today's post is all about my new favorite summer top-- the Wiley ruffle tube top from Lilly Pulitzer. This week I found out there's a new signature Lilly Pulitzer store less than 15 minutes away from where I live, so you better believe I'll be making frequent trips there. :-) I had been eyeing the Wiley ruffle tube top on the Lilly website for about a week now, so I jumped at the chance to try it on in the store to get a feel for the sizing. I ended up buying it in the "shell me about it" pattern, but I also pre-ordered it in "capri pink samba" on the website. I absolutely love this top and it is so perfect for summer! It's bright, fun, girly, and very versatile. 

As far as sizing is concerned, I read reviews online before going to the store so I had a basic idea of what I was looking for. To confirm those reviews, I would definitely go up a size or two, depending on how you like the fit. I am usually a size x-small in Lilly tops, but I sized up to a medium because the band on top is pretty tight. I also have fairly broad shoulders, otherwise I might have been able to make a small work. A medium just felt more comfortable and the band didn't dig in. The bottom part of the tube top was a little loose, but considering it's 100% cotton I can always shrink it a bit. 


So if you haven't thought about getting a Wiley ruffle tube top, I definitely think you should consider it! ;-) It really is a very flattering top on all sizes and body types. You can also dress it up for a girls night out or dress it down for work or to run errands. Get it, you'll love it!

xoxo, Britt




No comments:

Post a Comment